To watch the video, please click here
1 ½ litre
|Whole duck (2.1kg), cleaned
Galangal, cleaned and sliced
Ingredients A: marinade
|Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
5 spice powder
1. Rub ingredients (A) on the duck. Let it marinade for at least 2 hour or overnight.
2. Heat the cooking oil and add in sugar. Let the sugar caramelized.
3. On slow fire, add the duck in and glaze it evenly until browning.
4. Add in galangal and let it submerse in the sauces.
5. Pour in water and add the honey dates.
6. Braised about 1 hour under medium heat.
7. Baste the duck regularly, turn the duck and braise another 1 hour.
8. On last 30 minutes, crack the egg shell and add in the wok.
9. Remove the egg shell and serve together with the duck.
1. The whole duck can be cut into quarter size for easier cooking.