Serving Suggestion: 4 – 6 servings
15 pcs Young banana leaves, cut to 8 inch × 8 inch
3 pcs Banana leaves, cut to 18 inch × 12 inch
280 ml Thick coconut milk
300 ml Water
1 tsp AJI-NO-MOTO®
½ tsp Salt
330 g Glutinous rice
1. Singe banana leaf over fire.
2. Combine coconut milk and water, bring to boil.
3. Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt.
4. Put in glutinous rice and stir mixture constantly until dry.
5. Put 2 ½ tablespoon glutinous rice over young banana leaf. Wrap into a rectangular shape.
6. Place 5 lepat on banana leaf, bundle them together and tie with a string.
7. Boil for at least 2 hours. Add water if need to.
8. Ready to serve with side dish.
Tips: To prevent water from seeping into lepat while boiling, wrap lepat with plastic wrap prior to boiling.