Serving Suggestion: 4 – 6 servings
24 pcs Spring roll skins, medium size
2 tbsp Tapioca flour, mixed with 3 tbsp of water
1 litre Cooking oil
1 tsp Tamarind, mixed with ¼ cup of water
1 tsp AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper
6 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Sesame
Ingredient A: finely ground
2 pcs Shallot
2 cloves Garlic
18 sprigs Dried chili, boiled
1. Cut spring roll skin into two.
2. Roll spring roll skin along the long side dan seal the edge with tapioca flour.
3. Cut on the cross into approximately 2 cm long.
4. Heat up oil and fry the rolls until golden brown. Remove from pan, drain and set aside.
5. Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil, sauté ingredient (A) until soft. Put in tamarind juice and stir well.
6. Season with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper and sugar.
7. When the sauce boils, put in fried spring rolls dan stir thoroughly.
8. Sprinkle sesame on top and stir well.
9. Let it cool and ready to serve.
Tips: The chips can last long and remain crispy if stored in air-tight container.