To watch the video, please click here
Ingredients A: yam balls
1 ½ tsp
|Yam, cleaned and thinly sliced
Ingredient B: stir-fry
Dried shrimp, wash and chopped
Dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
Black fungus, soaked and thinly shredded
Leek, thinly sliced
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper
TUMIX® Anchovy Stock
Dark soy sauce
1. Steam the yam for 30 minutes or until soft. Mash cooked yam and mix with 1 tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
2. Add in the tapioca flour little by little and mix well until form a smooth dough.
3. Roll the dough into small balls and press in the middle to make indent by using finger.
4. Bring water to boil, season with remaining ½ tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Drop the balls in boiling water and boil until it floats.
5. Drain and mix with some oil.
6. In a wok, heat the cooking oil. Fry the cuttlefish and dried shrimp until crispy and remove from wok.
7. Add in shallot and garlic and stir until fragrant.
8. Add in mushrooms and fungus. Mix well.
9. Add mince chicken and stir until cooked.
10. Add in leek and mix well.
11. Season with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper, TUMIX® Anchovy Stock, fish sauce and dark soy sauce.
12. Pour in water and simmer. Add in yam ball, fried cuttlefish and dried shrimp. Cook until dry.
13. Ready to serve.
Tips: You can prepare the yam balls in advance and keep it in freezer for later use.