Our Response to COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has and continues to have a deleterious effect on businesses, lives and livelihoods, in Malaysia and globally. Upholding the importance of human capital and business sustainability, Ajinomoto (Malaysia) Berhad <AMB> has strictly complied with the Standard Operating Procedures to contain the spread of the dreaded COVID-19 virus based on the guidelines and instructions from the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of International Trade & Industry (MITI), National Security Council (NSC), Department of Safety and Health (DSH) and local councils, etc.
Some of the health and safety measures to be adopted in our daily operations are as follows:
- Strict hygiene practices (regular sanitisation/disinfection of operational floor, common area and office, etc.) and adherence to the safety measures (practicing social distancing, compulsory using of face mask at workplace, frequent hand washing, etc.)
- Schedule rotation to encourage staff in the office to work from home
- Virtual meetings in lieu of physical meetings
- Provision of personal protective equipment such as hand sanitisers and masks to all staff and visitors
- Health status declaration and temperature checks upon entry to company premises among all staff and visitors
- Promotion of COVID-19 awareness among employees through safety and health trainings/briefings, displaying educational materials around company premises, etc.
Procedures are also put in place to manage infected staff and contain the contagion. Infected individuals are instructed to undergo quarantine and immediate contact tracing will be conducted in line with the guidelines from MOH and the company’s procedures. At the same time, we will arrange a thorough sanitisation and disinfection in all the affected areas within our premises. The Management is placing top priority on preventing the spread of infections among employees and stakeholders, and ensuring everyone’s safety by fully complying with the guidelines from the MOH and authorities. We assure our stakeholders that there is no disruption to any product supplies and services as all the necessary measures have been taken.
The Ajinomoto Group Creating Shared Values (“ASV”) is our unchanging commitment to be a positive influence on local communities. During the period of the Movement Control Order, AMB will continue our efforts to spread joy and encourage connectivity. A series of community engagement and contribution activities have been arranged to ease the burden and bring smiles to the vulnerable groups of people. We will also promote health and well-being enhancement activities to encourage a healthy lifestyle and nutritious yet delicious cooking to all Malaysians during these challenging times.
Together, let’s ‘Eat Well, Live Well.’!