Serving suggestion: 4-6 Pax
|1 kg||Calamari (cleaned the bodies and dried)|
|½ cup||Evaporated milk|
|1 tea spoon||Salt|
|1 spoon||AJI-SHIO® PEPPER|
|½ cup||Corn Flour|
|2½ cup||Wheat Flour|
|2 cup||Bread Crumbs|
|To taste||Cooking Oil|
Ingredients: Tartar Sauce (served with the Fried Calamari)
|½ cup||Gherkin pickle (finely chopped)|
|1 tea spoon||Capers (finely chopped)|
|2 tea spoon||Mustard|
|1 clove||Shallot (finely chopped)|
|2 tea spoon||Lemon juice|
|6 drops||Tabasco sauce|
|½ tea spoon||AJI-SHIO® Pepper|
- Chop the gherkin pickle, capers and shallot finely.
- Stir all the ingredients until it is mixed.
- Mix the evaporated milk, egg, salt and AJI-SHIO® PEPPER into a bowl.
- Cut the calamari into rings of 2cm.
- Put the calamari to the mix and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour and wheat flour into another bowl.
- Heat the oil.
- Dip the calamari into the flour mix.
- Dip the calamari again into the marinating mixture.
- Then dip the calamari into the bread crumbs.
- Fry the coated calamari until it is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the calamari and dry off the excessive oil with kitchen towel.
- Serve it with the Tartar Sauce.