3 – 4
|Limes, squeezed for juice
Calamansi limes, squeezed for juice
‘Kurau’ fish fillet
Bitter melon, seeded and sliced
Ginger, finely shredded
Shallot, finely sliced
Red onion, finely sliced
Yellow onion, finely sliced
Green mango, skinned and julienned
Bird’s eye chilies, chopped
Red chili, cut into slices
Chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients A: seasoning
2 – 3 sachets
|AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper
Pal Sweet® Sweetener or to taste
Salt or to taste
1. Combine lime and calamansi juice, leave aside.
2. Cut fish fillet into fairly thick slices. Place into a mixing bowl.
3. Add in combined lime and calamansi juice. Toss well using a pair of tongs to mix well evenly. Put aside for 10 – 15 minutes to allow fish meat to turn pale and be partially cooked.
4. Sprinkle some salt over bitter melon. Leave 10 minutes then rinse off clean and squeeze off excess water.
5. Add ginger, shallot, onion, mango, bitter melon and bird’s eye chilies into the mixing bowl. Toss to combine with fish fillet to form Hinava.
6. Mix seasoning (A) in a small bowl and sprinkle the seasonings to Hinava. Toss to mix.
7. Add in red chili, some coriander leaves and spring onion to garnish.