Ajinomoto Co., Inc. Becomes a Main Sponsor of the Highest Rank of the 31st SEA Games to Be Held in the Vietnam
KUALA LUMPUR, 25 January 2022 –
The SEA Games are held every two years to help forge strong regional cooperation, understanding, and unity within the Southeast Asian community. They are the largest sporting event held in Southeast Asia, attracting the attention of a total of more than 600 million people in the region. For this year’s event in Vietnam, Ajinomoto Co. becomes a main sponsor of the highest rank, as in the previous event.
Since 2003, Ajinomoto Co. has been working on the Victory Project®1 to support the conditioning of top-level athletes in Japan and conducting nutritional support activities utilizing the power of amino acids, including providing Ajinomoto Group products such as
Ajinomoto Co. has established business bases in Malaysia, as well as in Vietnam (the host country of the event), the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, and elsewhere, and has conducted its consumer food business in those countries for many years, thus maintaining a close connection with local food cultures. Ajinomoto Co. will continue to provide support for sports and utilize its knowledge and the p
In line with the direction of the Ajinomoto Group, since 2019, Ajinomoto (Malaysia) Berhad (AMB) has started our collaboration with Ministry of Education Malaysia and national sports school on “Sports Nutrition Awareness Project”. In addition, aminoVITAL® was launched in 2020 to benefit local athletes and active individuals through the expertise of amino science. Those are parts of The Ajinomoto Group Creating Shared Value (ASV)4 initiatives in the field of sports nutrition following the involvement of AMB in the 29th Southeast Asian Games (Sea Games) Kuala Lumpur in 2017 as a Platinum sponsor.
- Support activities including guidance on sports nutrition and amino acid conditioning for top-level athletes at international tournaments.
- Ajinomoto Co.’s nutrition program for improving the nutritional environment of athletes.
- In 2018, AJINOMOTO (SINGAPORE) PRIVATE LIMITED began supporting the Singapore Swimming Association, PT AJINOMOTO INDONESIA began supporting an individual Indonesian swimmer, and AJINOMOTO CO., (THAILAND) LTD. began supporting the Thailand Volleyball Association. In 2019,
AJINOMOTO PHILIPPINES CORPORATION began supporting an individual karate athlete, and Ajinomoto (Malaysia) Berhad began supporting a national sports school. In 2020, AJINOMOTO CO., (THAILAND) LTD. began supporting the Badminton Association of Thailand, and in 2021, Saigon FC, a professional football team.
- The Ajinomoto Group Creating Shared Value (ASV) represents the Ajinomoto Group’s unchanging commitment, to realize greater wellness for people around the world by contributing to “Eat Well, Live Well”. ASV aims at resolving social issues that related to global sustainability, food resources and health & well-being, leading to the creation of economic values. Its success lies in creating values together with local communities and wider society.
Overview of the 31st SEA Games:-
(1) Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
(2) Event schedule: May 12 to 23, 2022 (12 days)
(3) Participating countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, East Timor (11 countries)
(4) Host organization: Vietnam 31st Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee 2021