If you're a fan of Malaysian cuisine, then you'll love the Asam Laksa. This dish is made from egg noodles, shrimps, chili, asam laksa paste and many other local ingredients. The added spice comes from a variety of different chili and spices. The dish has a sour and spicy flavour that is perfect for those who love distinct Thai flavours with a Malaysian twist. It can be spicy or not so spicy, depending on how much chili paste you add into the broth. Whether you are in the mood for a quick and easy meal or want to impress your friends and family, Asam Laksa is sure to please.
|600 g||Skip jack tuna|
|400 g||White Sardine|
|10 pieces||Tamarind peel, mixed with some water and strain|
|8 strings||Laksa leaves|
|1 tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|2 tbsp||Prawn paste|
Ingredients A: blended
|16||Dried chili, blanched|
|10 g||Shrimp paste|
Ingredients B: accompaniments
|1 kg||Laksa noodle, blanched|
|3 inches||Shallot, thinly sliced|
|3 strings||Mint leaves, roughly cut|
|3||Boiled egg, halved|
|2||Red chili, slantingly sliced|
|Some||Prawn paste (optional)|
- Boil sardines and skip jack tuna together with tamarind peel until cooked.
- Remove the fishes from boiling water. Separate the flesh from the bones.
- Blend fish bones with some water and strain in the boiling water.
- Blend 2/3 fish flesh and pour into boiling water.
- Carve 1/3 fish flesh and add into boiling water together with blended ingredients (A), laksa leaf, ginger torch and lemongrass.
- Season with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper, salt, sugar and prawn paste. Let it boil.
- To serve, place some of the laksa noodle in a bowl with some accompaniments and pour the gravy over. Ready to eat.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper Recipes