|550 – 580 g||Chicken whole legs or 2 pieces|
|20 g||Slivered almonds|
|25 ml||Olive oil|
|30 g||Plain flour|
|1 clove||Garlic, chopped|
|½ tsp||Dried thyme|
|1 tbsp||Meat curry powder|
|30 g||Red capsicum, finely diced|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|1 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
- Roast slivered almonds in a preheated oven at 180° C for 5 – 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make 2 – 3 diagonal cuts on chicken meat then marinate with combined ingredients (A) for at least 20 minutes.
- Dredge chicken in the flour then shake off any excess.
- Fry chicken one at a time in a heated saucepan with olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until slightly golden. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil.
- With the remaining hot oil in the saucepan add in onion and garlic. Fry and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add capsicum and potatoes. Stir in curry powder and thyme. Add remaining marinade (A) and put in some water. Fry for a while.
- Pour sauce over the chicken together with the potatoes. Cover with foil and bake at 180° C for 25 – 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with slivered almonds as a garnishing.