|150 g||Eryngii mushrooms|
|4||Egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|3||Bird’s eye chilies, chopped|
|3||Dried chilies, cut into sections|
|3 stalks||Curry leaves|
|100 g||Butter, at room temperature|
Ingredients A: batter
|150 g||Plain flour|
|20 g||Potato flour|
|30 g||Rice flour|
|15 g||Baking powder|
|¼ tsp||Bicarbonate of soda|
|½ tsp||SERI-AJI® All Purpose Seasoning for Deep Frying|
|Enough||Water to make a runny batter|
Ingredients B: seasonings
|½ tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|¼ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
- Cut eryngii mushrooms into thick pieces.
- Mix batter ingredients (A) well in a mixing bowl and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a wok. Coat mushroom pieces with batter (A) and deep-fry until golden and crispy. Dish out and put aside.
- Melt butter in a clean wok over medium low heat. Pour in egg yolks; allow to drip into the wok. Stir briskly while pouring until it forms bubbles. Pour this into a metal strainer to filter the oil.
- In another clean wok add 1 tbsp oil. Fry bird’s eye chillies, dried chillies and curry leaves until aromatic.
- Add seasonings (B) and put back the crispy mushrooms and egg shreds. Toss to combine over high heat briskly until well combined.