Chai Kueh (Steamed Vegetables Dumpling)
Chai Kueh (Vegetable Dumplings) is a traditional Chinese snack and popular among the older generation. This Chai Kueh (Vegetable Dumplings) recipe produces soft chewy skin with slightly crunchy vegetables making it an irresistible snack any time of the day.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
Ingredients A: for the pastry
|100 g||Wheat starch (non-gluten flour)|
|80 g||Tapioca flour|
|280 ml||Hot boiling water|
|20 g||Tapioca flour for dusting|
Ingredients: for the filling
|2 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1 tsp||Chopped garlic|
|30 g||Dried shrimps, soaked and chopped|
|300 g||Turnip, finely shredded|
|30 g||Carrot, finely shredded|
|2 pcs||Chinese mushrooms, soaked and cut finely|
|1/2 tsp||White pepper powder|
- Mix all ingredient (A) together to a smooth dough, cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic until yellowish, add in the dried prawns.
- Stir in all vegetables and all seasoning, mix until cooked. Allow to cool.
- Roll dough until thin and make a round shape (8 cm diameter).
- Spoon in the cooled filling and wrap.
- Place onto an oil tray and allow to steam for 10 - 12 minutes or until pastry is transparent. Brush some oil to prevent sticking to each other.
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onion when serving.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 20% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.