Watch The Cooking Video
Chicken rice is an iconic dish in Malaysia that is well-known for its fragrant flavours and tender meat. The recipe for this dish varies from region to region but the main ingredients are usually the same.
Chicken rice consists of fragrant and flavourful chicken cooked in a broth flavoured with ginger, garlic, and shallots. The rice is cooked in either a pot or rice cooker separately with sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce and TUMIX® Chicken Stock for that added flavour. Make this dish yours with a hint of pandan fragrance.
|4 clove||Garlic, blended|
|1 inch||Ginger, blended|
|2 tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|2 tbsp||Sweet soy sauce|
|3 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|Enough to fry||Cooking oil|
- Boil water. Blanch the whole chicken until the skin turn to white. Remove from boiling water.
- In a bowl, mix shallot, garlic,ginger,oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce with TUMIX® Chicken Stock. Rub the marinating ingredients on the chicken. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat the cooking oil, deep-fry the chicken over medium heat.
|5 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 inch||Ginger, sliced|
|2 pieces||Pandan leaves|
|600 ml||Chicken broth|
|1 ½ tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
- Soak the rice for 20 minutes and strain for another 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter on pan, fry the blended ingredients with dry ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in soaked rice with pandan leaves. Mix well and transfer to rice cooker.
- Pour in chicken broth and TUMIX® Chicken Stock and mix well. Turn on the rice cooker.
|1 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, chopped|
|150 ml||Chicken broth|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|½ tbsp||Oyster sauce|
- Heat the oil in pan, stir-fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Let it boil.
|1 tbsp||Chili sauce|
|1 tbsp||Tomato sauce|
- Blend red chili, garlic and ginger. Pour the blended ingredient into pan together with chili sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar. Let it boil.
- Season with salt and sugar.
|1 litre||Chicken broth|
|1 sachet||Soup spices|
|2 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|1 stalk||Chinese parsley|
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add in soup spices.
- Season with TUMIX® Chicken Stock
- Add in Chinese parsley and ready to serve.
Product Used for the Recipe
TUMIX® Chicken Stock Recipes