|½ bird/750g||Chicken, cut into serving portions|
|3 cups||Cooking oil for deep-frying|
|1 tsp||Lightly roasted sesame seeds|
|3 tsp||Home-made Indian 5 spice powder|
|½ cup||Chopped cilantro leaves|
|2 tsp||SERI-AJI® Black Pepper Seasoning|
|2 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|2½ tbsp||Meat curry powder|
Ingredients A: Tempering
|4 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|5 – 6 nos||Dried chilies, cut into 3 or 4 and fried|
|½ tsp||Mustard seed|
|½ tsp||Caraway (anise) seeds|
|½ tsp||Cleaned split Bengal grams/Australian dhal|
|3 – 5||Cloves|
|3 – 5||Cardamoms|
|8 nos||Shallots, peeled and sliced|
|1 tsp||Cumin, lightly pounded|
|2 sprigs||Curry leaves|
- Cut, clean and wash the chicken. Drain and dip dry. Bring it into a bowl and marinate the chicken with marinade ingredients. Keep aside.
- In a deep wok, heat oil and deep-fry the chicken till approximately ¾ cooked; drain and keep aside.
- Leave just about 4 tbsp of oil in the wok. Heat it and bring in the dried chilies, fry till dark brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Use the remaining oil to sauté ingredients A till shallots have a change in colour. Bring in the curry paste (marinade) and stir till the oil appears around the surface.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Bring in the dried chilies, spice powder and cilantro leaves. Continue stirring well till the chicken is dry-fried with the spices. Bring in the roasted sesame seeds and stir. Turn off heat.
- Move to a platter and leave behind excess oil. Serve whilst hot.