Crispy Milky Block
Crispy outer and creamy yet soft inner texture a scrumptious dessert to enjoy after meal.
|200 ml||Full cream milk|
|200 g||Corn flour|
|150 g||SERI-AJI® Banana Fritter Flour|
|2 nos||Eggs, beaten|
|300 g||Bread crumbs (orange colour)|
|Enough||Cooking oil, for frying|
|800 ml||Full cream milk|
|160 g||Condensed milk|
- Combine full cream milk and corn flour. Mix well and set aside.
- Pour ingredients (A) in a pot and place under medium heat, stir until sugar dissolved.
- Turn to low heat, slowly add in the mixture of full cream milk and corn flour while stirring. Stir continuously until it thickens and forms smooth paste.
- Pour the milk paste in a mould, let it cool to room temperature and refrigerate it in chiller for 2 hours to solidify into a milk block.
- After that cut the milk block to 2½ inches rectangle.
- Coat the milk block with SERI-AJI® Banana Fritter Flour, followed by beaten egg then bread crumbs.
- Pre-heat the cooking oil to 80°C, deep-fry the milk blocks until golden and crispy. Ready to serve.
- Make sure the temperature is low, estimated 50-60˚ C when adding full cream with corn flour mixture into the pot, to avoid it becomes lumpy.
- Refrigerate and solidify the milk block in a chiller, not freezer.
- Control the cooking oil temperature around 80°C during deep-frying. If the temperature is too low, bread crumbs coating tends to absorb excessive oil; In contrary, when the temperature is too high, the bread crumbs will burn easily.
Product Used for the Recipe
Seri-Aji® Banana Fritter Flour