Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia known for its diverse cuisine. The Malaysian curry mee, or curry noodles, is one of the many signature dishes of Malaysia. Malaysians love this dish because of its spicy flavour and the rich taste of the gravy. This dish consists of noodles, shrimp, chicken meat, coconut milk and fried bean curd. In recent years, the popularity of this dish has grown so much that even restaurants in other countries are offering it as an alternative to their customers. It is often eaten for breakfast or lunch.
|¾ cup||Cooking oil|
|4 tbsp||Curry meat powder , mixed with some water|
|250 g||Chicken meat|
|2 tsp||Tamarind, mixed with 4 cups of water|
|½ cup||Coconut milk|
|4 tsp||TUMIX® Anchovy Stock|
|6 pcs||Fried bean curds / taufu pok, cut half|
Ingredients A: finely ground
|6 sprigs||Dried chili, seeded and boiled|
Ingredients A: sides
|600 g||Yellow noodle, blanched and drained|
|100 g||Prawn meat, blanched|
|100 g||Cockle meat, blanched|
|1 small||packet Fish ball, blanched|
|4 pcs||Mustrad, blanched|
|50 g||Bean sprout, blanched|
|3 pcs||Hard-boiled egg, cut half|
|2 pcs||Sliced red chili|
|30 g||Chinese celery, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||Fried shallot|
- Heat up oil, sauté ingredient (A) together with curry paste until soft.
- Put in chicken meat and stir fry until half cooked.
- Put in tamarind juice and mix well. Add in coconut milk dan let it boil a while.
- Season with TUMIX® Anchovy Stock , salt and sugar. Lastly, put in the bean curds. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Place some yellow noodle in a bowl, pour in sauce and garnish with sides. Ready to serve.
Product Used for the Recipe
TUMIX® Anchovy Stock Recipes