Serawa Durian, a very common dish in Johor can be consumed by itself as a dessert or as an accompaniment with Steamed Glutinous Rice (Pulut), Lace Rolls (Roti Jala), & etc. With the colored Pearl Sago, this dish very attractive and the usage of Light Brown Sugar together with Pal Sweet® Low Calorie Sweetener has definitely brought out the exotically aromatic Durian taste
|50 g||Green pearl sago|
|50 g||Red pearl sago|
|9 pcs||Pandan leaves|
|80 ml||Thick coconut milk, mix with 450 ml of water|
|600 g||Riped durian with seed (small seed, more flesh)|
|90 g||Light brown sugar|
|450 ml||Thick coconut milk|
|6 sachets||Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener|
- Boil red pearl sago with 3 pcs pandan leaves until cooked. Drain and leave it in cold water. Repeat the same for the green color sago. Keep aside.
- In a large pot, boil the thin coconut milk, 3 pandan leaves, and durians over a medium fire, stirring frequently. Cook till the durian flesh turns soft and leaves the seeds.
- Add brown sugar, thick coconut milk and a pinch of salt.
- Cook till it begins to simmer. Drain the water from the sago and add in. Stir well and evenly. Take off from the fire and add in Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener, stir well.
- This colorful dessert can be eaten as it is or served with glutinous rice, roti jala and etc.