|1 slice (approx 300g)||Fish (preferably garoupa / senangin)|
|10 g||Ginger, shredded|
|½ tsp||Corn flour|
|50 g||Chicken meat, skin removed and diced|
|1 piece||Preserved salted plum (suin moey)|
|60 g||Cabbage, cubed|
|1 packet||Japanese beancurd, diced|
|¼ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|¼ tsp||Sesame oil|
Sauce Ingredients (B):
|5||Bird’s eye chillies, lightly smashed|
|2 stalks||Lemongrass, crushed|
|2 stalks||Spring onion|
|1 stalk||Coriander root|
|10 g||Galangal, smashed|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|1 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|½ tsp||Sugar or to taste|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|Some||Coriander leaves and spring onion shreds|
|1 tsp||Sliced red chilli|
- Clean fish well then drain and rub with ingredients (A) followed by corn flour.
- Combine sauce ingredients (B) in a pot and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Add in seasoning (C) to mix. Keep the sauce hot while waiting for the fish.
- Place fish slice on a steaming plate and arrange ginger shreds on top.
- Scatter preserved salted plum and chicken meat over the fish. Steam for 10 minutes over high heat. At the last 2 minutes place cabbage and Japanese beancurd around and continue to steam until fish is cooked through.
- Throw out the steaming fish liquid.
- Remove fish pieces with the condiments to a serving plate and pour over the prepared stock.
- Sprinkle with garnishing (D) before serving.