Fried Vegetarian Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli)
Looking for an easy and healthy Vegetarian Bee Hoon recipe? Well, look no further because this recipe got you covered. Fried Vegetarian Bee Hoon is one of the most popular dishes in Malaysia. Traditionally, this noodle dish has ingredients that include chicken and or seafood like shrimp. Our vegetarian recipe is meat-free and tastes delicious. This vegetarian recipe is often served as a mid-morning or evening meal, but can be eaten at any time of the day! It consists of stir-fried vegetables, tofu and noodles, served with a side of chilli sauce. Timing is crucial to this dish. To make the cooking process easier, prepare all your ingredients in advance before you start cooking. Click here to try out our other noodle recipes.
|200g||Bee hoon dry (soak for 30 minutes before usage)|
|15g||Black fungus (soak till soft and shred)|
|20g||Sweet dried bean curd (shred) – fried|
|20g||Enoki Mushroom (soak till soft)|
|6 Nos||Shiitake Mushroom (shred) – Optional|
|2pcs||Hard Toufu (cut to thick slices) – pre-fried|
|150g||Sawi (Mustard green) – cut into 4cm|
|4 Tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame Oil|
|2 Tbsp||SERI-AJI® Nasi Goreng Cina|
|1 Tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Soya sauce|
|½ Tsp||Thick Soya Sauce|
- Heat the cooking oil in pan, when hot adds in the shredded ginger to fry till fragrant.
- Pour in the water and ingredients A simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Put in the bee hoon, black fungus, carrots, cabbage, sawi, tim chock, lily flower, shiitake mushroom and the tauhu.
- Stir fry and mix well
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Splash the sesame oil and stir fry
- To enhance better taste, you may sprinkle some fried shallot before serving.
- You may also enjoy it along with SERI-AJI® Kampung Chili Sauce.