Gulab Jamun (milk-based Indian dessert)
Product Used for the Recipe
Milk-based Indian dessert eaten with sweet syrup. Delicious dessert eaten hot or cold. Try Gulab Jamun (milk-based Indian dessert) recipe is delicious and simple.
|1 cup||Milk powder|
|1/3 cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
Ingredients: for the syrup
|2 sachet||Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener|
|¼ cup||Full cream milk|
1. To make buttermilk, mix full cream milk and vinegar, let it rest for a while.
2. For the syrup, boil sugar, water and cardamom until a bit thicker. Turn off the heat, add in Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener and saffron. Let it cool.
3. Sieve milk powder, plain flour and baking soda, set aside.
4. Mix in buttermilk and oil.
5. Mix milk powder mixture with buttermilk mixture until a soft sticky dough forms.
6. Add in a little more milk if the dough seems crumbly.
7. Do not over mix the dough because if gluten starts to form, the balls will not absorb the sugar syrup well.
8. Grease your palms with oil and roll the dough into small balls.
9. Deep-fry on slow heat until golden brown.
10. Soak in room temperature syrup.