Irish Stew is a traditional dish in Ireland. This dish is cooked using lamb stewed with vegetables and barley until tender. This simple Irish Stew recipe is delicious to eat with rice or bread.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|1 cup||Cooking oil|
|500||Lamb, cut into 3 cm cubes|
|100||Onions, chopped coarsely|
|1/2 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock mix with 1L warm water|
|200 g||Potatoes, cut into wedges|
|1/2 tsp||AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning|
|1/4 tsp||Grounded black pepper|
- Heat oil, sauté lamb until brown.
- Stir in the onions, carrots and TUMIX® stock.
- Add in barley and potatoes. Allow to cook covered until barley is cooked and lamb is soft. Add some water if needed.
- Add in AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt and grounded black pepper, stir well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Can serve with Crusty bread.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 13% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.