Khichdi (Rice and Lentil Porridge)
Khichdi is a classic and delicious Indian comfort food made of rice and lentils (dal). This simple and healthy dish can be enjoyed by the whole family including the elderly and kids.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|1/4 cup||Green dhal, soak in water at least 20 minutes|
|1/4 cup||Rice, soak in water 20 minutes|
|2 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1/2 tsp||Cumin seed|
|1/2 tsp||Mustard seed|
|1 tsp||Ginger, chopped|
|1 pc||Green chilli, chopped|
|1 pc||Red onion, chopped|
|1 pc||Tomato, chopped|
|1/2 cup||Green peas|
|1/2 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|1 1/8 tsp||AJI-NO-MOTO®|
|1 tbsp||Coriander leaf, chopped|
- Heat oil, sauté cumin and mustard seed.
- Add in ginger, green chili, onion, tomato and green peas and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in strained dhal, rice and TUMIX®, stir well.
- Add in water for a mushy khichdi. Add more water if needed.
- Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt, stir well.
- Serve with chopped coriander.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 28% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.