|300 gm||Basmati rice (approx. 6 cups)|
|½ tsp||Turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||Split channa dhal|
|½ tsp||Caraway seeds (ajwain)|
|¼ tsp||SERI-AJI® Black Pepper Seasoning|
|2 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|1-3||Green and red chili, sliced finely|
|2-3||Dried red chili, broken into small pieces|
|1½ sprig||Curry leaf|
|75 ml or more||Lemon juice|
|3 tbsp||Boiled peanuts|
|Some||Cilantro leaves, chopped for garnishing|
- Cook the rice with salt in a rice cooker. Do not over-cook.
- Heat ghee in a wok. Add the mustard seed, the split channa dhal, two types of chilies dried and fresh, and curry leaves. Add the turmeric powder. Give a good stir.
- Add the lemon juice, stir and turn off the fire. Do not cook or boil the lemon juice.
- Add the well-loosened rice and mix carefully. Do not break the grains. Taste for salt and add more lemon juice if needed.
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves and peanuts (some mixed in and some for topping)
Tips: Individuals can top it with fried onions and etc according to their preference. Those who do not take lemon juice can substitute it with butter milk.