This Palembang beef is an easy recipe to prepare and it comes from Indonesia. In this recipe, the beef should be boiled with sweet soy sauce and selected spices until tender. It is also suitable to be eaten with ‘roti canai’, white bread, ‘Nasi Minyak’ or ‘Nasi Beriyani’.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1 inch||Ginger, minced|
|1-2 tbsp||Chili paste|
|1 stalk||Lemongrass, bruised|
|500 g||Beef, thinly sliced|
|2-3 cups||Water, more if needed|
|¾ tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|1||Cocconut paste (kerisik)|
- Heat oil, saute shallots, garlic, ginger, chili paste and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Add beef, stir until it changes colour.
- Add water, let it boils. Cover and simmer.
- When beef is tender, add dark soy sauce, coconut milk, kerisik, AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt.
- Cook until gravy thickens then serve.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 20% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.