Red Velvet Cupcakes with Pink Blossom Icing
Everyone loves cupcakes, from kids to adults. Baking cupcakes has become easy with Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener. Try this out, the finest taste in town right from your oven. You will love the aromatic flavour and every spongy bite of it.
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|1 tbsp||Thick cream|
|150 g||Self-raising flour – combined|
|60 g||Plain flour – combined|
|15 g||Cocoa powder – combined|
|1 tsp||Red pitaya puree|
|50 g||Dried cranberries|
|140 g||Castor sugar|
Ingredients: Pink Blossom icing
|1 tbsp||Red pitaya puree|
|3 sachets||Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener|
|Some||desired Decorative sugar crystals|
- Combine self-raising flour, flour and cocoa powder. Sift lightly and put aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence till pale and smooth
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add in combined flour and cocoa mixture to mix.
- Add red pitaya puree and thick cream.
- Add dried cranberries to the batter.
- Fill batter into cup cake cases up to 75% full.
- Bake at 170° C for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the butter icing: cream butter until smooth and creamy. While still creaming add in red pitaya puree. Continue to cream until smooth.
- Add Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener to mix.
- Fill piping bag with the butter icing and pipe through onto cupcakes and decorate with decorative sugar crystals.