Seri-Aji Prawn Fritter
Watch The Cooking Video
Prawn Fritters are a popular street food in many parts of Asia and have gained notoriety as a popular street food. This popular Malaysian fried street food can be found at small vendors in urban areas to hawker centres and roadside stalls in rural areas. They are usually made from prawns that have been battered and deep-fried and served with a spicy dipping sauce. These fritters are perfect for a light and healthy snack during lunch or dinner.
|1 packet||Seri-Aji® Fritter Seasoned Flour 225g|
|30g||Chive (cut to 1cm)|
|25g||Red Onion (slice)|
|80 g||Palm sugar, grated|
|3||Red chili, chopped|
|1 nos||Garlic, chopped|
|½ tsp||SERI-AJI® Anchovy Fried Rice Seasoning 26g|
|½ tsp||Fish sauce|
|1 tbsp||Corn starch, mix with some water|
|½ tbsp||Roasted peanut chunks|
- Mix Seri-Aji® Fritter Seasoned Flour 225g with 325ml water.
- Add in prawn, cut chive and red onion into the batter. Mix well.
- Take a spoon of the batter and fry until golden brown.
1 packet of Seri-Aji® Fritter Seasoned Flour 225g can used to make 17 pieces of fritters.
- Put palm sugar in a pot and dissolve with water.
- Add in SERI-AJI® Anchovy Fried Rice Seasoning 26g, red chili, red bird eyes chili, salt, vinegar and fish sauce. Simmer over low heat.
- Add in corn starch mixture and stir until thicken. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle roasted peanut chunks.
- Ready to serve with Seri-Aji® Prawn Fritter.
Product Used for the Recipe
Seri-Aji® Fritter Seasoned Flour