Tempeh with Anchovies Sambal
Sambal Tempeh with Anchovies is a simple and scrumptious menu that loved by many Malaysian. It is able to stay good in fridge with an air-tight container for around 1-2 months and is good to eat directly or as a healthy snack.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|150 g||Tempeh, thinly sliced|
|60 g||Dried anchovies|
|4 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|2-3 tbsp||Chili paste|
|3 tbsp||Chili sauce|
|1½ tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Heat oil, fry separately tempeh, groundnuts and anchovies until crisp. Drain and place on kitchen paper towels.
- Heat ¼ cup of oil, saute shallots and garlic until golden.
- Add chili paste, fry until oil rises to the top.
- Add chili sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt. Cook on low heat.
- When mixture is thick, turn off heat. Then allow to cool slightly.
- Add fried ingredients, stir to combine then ready to serve. Can keep in airtight containers.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 25% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.