You are going to love this, a kind of rice with authentic Indian spices. The finest tomato capsicum rice in town, wouldn’t be perfectly tasty without TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning, and AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper.
|300 g||Basmati rice, soaked overnight and well drained|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1||Onion, halved and sliced thinly|
|2 cm||Ginger, smashed|
|1||Small tomato, chopped|
|½||Red capsicum, diced|
|4 cm||Cinnamon stick|
|1 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|½ tsp||Sugar or to taste|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
- Heat oil in saucepan, fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in rice, tomato paste and seasoning (B). Stir-fry briefly for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Transfer fried ingredients to an electric rice cooker. Add red capsicum, chopped tomato and ingredients (A).
- Pour in water and stir to mix.
- Cook until rice is cooked through.
- Leave rice to stand for 10 minutes then sprinkle over with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper for added flavour.