Traditional Ngoh Hiong Rolls
Ingredients: Dipping Sauce
|3 tbsp||Chilli sauce|
|1 tbsp||Tomato sauce|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice|
|A tsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
- Combine all ingredients together and serve with Ngoh Hiong rolls.
Ingredients: Ngoh Hiong Rolls
|200 g||Chicken breast meat, skinned and cut into strips|
|60 g||Medium prawns, shelled and diced|
|1 pc||Unsalted dried beancurd skin sheet|
|Enough||Oil for deep-frying|
|¾ tsp||Five spice powder|
|¾ tsp||Sesame oil|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|1 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|½ tsp||Sugar or to taste|
|1 tbsp||Lightly beaten egg|
|1 tbsp||Tapioca flour|
|4||Water chestnuts, peeled and chopped|
|30 g||Onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Chopped spring onion|
Ingredients (C): Flour paste, mixed well
|2 tbsp||Plain flour|
- Place chicken and prawns in a mixing bowl. Add in ingredients (A).
- Add ingredients (B) and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Cut unsalted dried beancurd skin sheet into 6” x 8” rectangle pieces.
- Put a piece of cut-out beancurd skin on a clean tabletop. Scoop 2 tbsp prepared filling mixture over. Roll up to enclose the mixture. Seal the edges with flour paste (C).
- Steam the rolls for about 7 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the rolls to cool completely before deep-frying in medium low heat. Once the rolls are in the hot oil lower the heat. Deep-fry till golden brown.
- Dish out, slice and serve with dipping sauce.