Prawn in Cantonese is pronounced as “Ha” that signifying smile happiness. We introduce this special menu of Stuff prawn with yam by using TUMIX® Ikan Bilis. Fun during cooking and delicious while eating.
|500 g||Prawns (medium), about 15-16 pieces|
|500 g||Yam – clean and cut into thin slices|
|4||Salted egg yolk (cut the egg yolk into 4 pieces) – hard boiled (shell removed)|
|A little||Tapioca flour (for dusting)|
|2 cups||Cooking oil for deep frying|
|1¾ Tsp||TUMIX® IKAN BILIS|
|1 Tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper or Black Pepper|
|½ Tsp||5 Spice powder|
|2 Tbsp||Cooking oil|
- Shell the prawns, leave the tail, make a slit along the back of the prawn and remove the dark central vein. Wash, drain and set aside.
- Put yam in a plate, steam till soft.
- Mash the steam yam and then add ingredients A to mix to a soft dough.
- Divide the yam mixture to 15 – 16 portion (35gm) each.
- Take the yam mixture, flatten a bite, put in the ¼ egg yolk and 1 prawn, wrap it up, leaving the tail expose. Dust a little tapioca flour and set aside.
- Repeat the same process till all the prawns and yam paste are used up.
- Heat oil, deep fry over medium heat till golden brown.
- Garnish with frilly lettuce or any fresh vegetables.