Burger With Onion Jam
Of course, you will have classic sauces like chili sauce and mayonnaise but why not try something different like Onion Jam? A sweet and savoury jam comprised of soft onions with a little bit of bite, some mild heat from the AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper and Black Pepper, and a depth of sweetness and rich flavour from the vinegar.
|4 pcs||Chicken/beef burger patty|
|24 shakes||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|4 no||Burger bun, cut into 2 and spread margarine|
|4 pcs||Lettuce (or shredded cabbage – optional)|
|8 shakes||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
Ingredients: Onion Jam
|2 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|600 g||Yellow onion, chopped|
|1 tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
Method: Onion Jam
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in sugar and stir constantly until turns to light caramel colour.
- Add in yellow onion and AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper and stir frequently over medium heat until yellow onions are browned.
- Pour vinegar and let it simmer until mixture reaches a jam consistency.
- Let it cool before serving.
- Heat the cooking oil. Grill burger patty over medium heat until cooked through. Shake AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper 3 times on both sides of patty during cooking. Keep aside.
- Toast the bun until slightly brown both sides.
- On bottom bun, pipe on mayonnaise, place lettuce, burger patty, 1 tbsp onion jam, then pipe mayonnaise and top with 2 shakes of AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper. Then place the top bun. Repeat for all burgers.
Keep the onion jam in a plastic container and store in the refrigerator. The onion jam can last up to two weeks if properly stored.