Ikan percik which originated from Kelantan’s original AYAM PERCIK is cooked with various spices that give wonderful flavours to the juicy and tender fish meat. With taste complimentary from AJI-SHIO® Flavored Black Pepper and SERI-AJI® All Purpose Seasoning for Deep Frying, this meals it best to be enjoyed together with friends and family during the holy month of Ramadan.
|500 g||Red snapper fillet, the bigger version|
|5 pieces||Banana leaves, 5’ x5|
|2 cups||Thick coconut milk|
|1 tbsp||Tamarind sauce, mix with 5-6tbsp of water|
|1 sachets||SERI-AJI® All Purpose Seasoning for Deep Frying|
|Some (one drop)||Red colouring|
|1 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
|3 cloves||Garlic, ground into paste|
|2 ½ cm||Ginger, ground into paste|
|12||Dried red chillies, soaked|
|5||Fresh red chillies|
|2 ½ cm||Ginger|
|2 cm||Fresh turmeric|
|6||Candlenuts, pre-fried without oil|
|½ tbsp||Coriander powder|
- Season the cleaned fish with Ingredients (A).
- Arrange each fish on a 10”X10” greased foil lined with banana leaves. Fold the sides of the foil inwards like a boat. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180’C and grill the fish for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients (B).
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté the finely blended paste and SERI-AJI® All Purpose Seasoning for Deep Frying until thick. Bring in salt, coconut milk, tamarind sauce and red colouring, mix well. Remove from fire.
- Equally scope the gravy and top the fish. Continue grilling for another 7 – 10 minutes, until well done. Serve with slices of lemon and parsley garnished.