Fried Flavourful ‘Pucuk Paku’
This simple recipe of Fried Fern Shoot ‘Pucuk Paku’ is a favorite among Malaysians. It can arouse your appetite.
|1 bunch||Wild fern shoots (pucuk paku)|
|2 – 3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|100 g||Shelled prawns|
|1/2 piece||Onion, cut into wedges|
|1||Red chili, seeded and julienned|
|1 sachet||Pal Sweet® Sweetener|
Ingredients A: blend well
|3 – 4||Bird’s eye chilies|
|½ piece||Onion, coarsely chopped|
|A little||Water or just enough|
Ingredients B: seasoning
|1 tsp||TUMIX® Anchovy Stock|
|¼ tsp||AJI SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
|A dash of||AJI SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|100 – 125 ml||Water|
- Pluck the top part of wild fern shoots and discard the hard stalks. Wash thoroughly.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a heated wok, add in blended ingredients (A). Keep frying until fragrant.
- Add in prawns and stir-fry well.
- Add in wild fern shoots, toss and fry well to mix.
- Stir in seasoning (B), onion and red chilli, keep stirring until vegetables are cooked briefly. Turn off the fire.
- Add in Pal Sweet® Sweetener, stir well and dish out to serve immediately.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper Recipes
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper Recipes
Pal Sweet® Recipes
TUMIX® Anchovy Stock Recipes