Spicy Spring Rolls Chips are often the spotlight during festivals because its spicy, sweet and crispy taste which are the speciality of this recipe.
Serving Suggestion: 4 – 6 servings
|24 pcs||Spring roll skins, medium size|
|2 tbsp||Tapioca flour, mixed with 3 tbsp of water|
|1 litre||Cooking oil|
|1 tsp||Tamarind, mixed with ¼ cup of water|
|1 tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
|18 sprigs||Dried chili, boiled|
- Cut spring roll skin into two.
- Roll spring roll skin along the long side dan seal the edge with tapioca flour.
- Cut on the cross into approximately 2 cm long.
- Heat up oil and fry the rolls until golden brown. Remove from pan, drain and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil, sauté ingredient (A) until soft. Put in tamarind juice and stir well.
- Season with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper and sugar.
- When the sauce boils, put in fried spring rolls dan stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle sesame on top and stir well.
- Let it cool and ready to serve.
Tips: The chips can last long and remain crispy if stored in air-tight container.