Beef Stroganoff is a famous dish that originated in Russia. This unique dish is based on sautéed meat with a creamy sauce along with Umami-rich ingredients such as Mushrooms and can be served with your favourite rice or pasta.
This Beef Stroganoff recipe is easy to prepare because it uses common ingredients in the kitchen. It is a rich and flavourful dish that is perfect for a special occasion and it is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|350 g||Rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain and into thin strips|
|1 ½ tbsp||Wheat flour|
|25 g||Unsalted butter|
|80 g||Button mushrooms, wiped and sliced|
|80 g||Plain yoghurt|
|1 tbsp||Tomato puree (optional)|
|1/2 tsp||AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning|
|1/4 tbsp||White pepper|
- Beat the meat with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper.
- Coat the beef with flour.
- Melt 1/2 amount of butter in pan with oil, toss the beef in batches until golden brown.
- With remaining of butter, saute onion and mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Stir in the yoghurt, tomato puree and all seasoning.
- Mix well with fried meat and garnish with some chopped cilantro, serve immediately.
- Can serve with butter rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 15% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.