Kakiage (Vegetable Tempura)
Serving suggestion: 4-6 pax
|1 cup||Wheat flour|
|1 tbsp||Rice flour|
|¾ cup||Cold water|
|Enough to fry||Cooking oil|
|50 g||White radish, grated|
|100 g||Carrot, cut into strip|
|100 g||French bean, slanting sliced|
|100 g||Enoki mushroom|
|100 g||Pumpkin, cut into stick|
|2 tbsp||Wheat flour|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|½ tsp||Corn starch, mix with some water|
- To prepare the tempura batter, combine wheat flour, rice flour, AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Mix cold water with egg, mix until well combined.
- Combined flour mixture and egg mixture, stir until half mix.
- Combined all ingredients (B) and coat with tempura batter. Make sure all vegetables in coated with the mixture.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry until golden over medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients (C) except corn starch mixture in a pot. Boil until all ingredients have dissolved.
- Add in corn starch mixture and stir until thicken.
- Ready to serve with white radish.
Tips: Sprinkle some flour on the vegetable to help the batter sticking on it
Tips: The mould is optional. You may deep fry directly into the pan