|1||Dried soya bean sheets (fucuk)|
|50 g||Glass noodles|
|½ cup||Cooking oil|
|60 ml||Thick coconut milk, mix with 240ml of water|
|250 g||Japanese melon, skinned|
|100 g||Carrot, thick julienne|
|100 g||Long beans, cut lengthwise|
|200 g||Beancurd, lightly fried and cubed|
|½||Large long brinjal, cut lengthwise|
|2||Lemon grass, bruised|
|1 packet||Fried tempe, cut as required|
|1 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning|
|300 g||Thick coconut milk|
Ingredients A: paste 1
|7||Dried red chillies|
|3 tbsp||Dried prawn|
|½ tbsp||Malacca Shrimp paste (belacan)|
|Some||Water as required|
Ingredients B: paste 2
|5||Candlenuts, pre-fried without oil|
|3 cm||Fresh turmeric|
- Soak the soya bean sheets and the glass noodles until soft (for at least 2 hours or more). Cut them and keep aside.
- Meantime, in a food processor, blend ingredients (A) until very fine.
- Heat a wok, with the ½ cup cooking oil. Fry the paste (A) until it becomes dry, over a moderately slow fire. Remove and keep aside. Into the same food processor, blend ingredients (B). Keep aside.
- In a large pot or wok, bring in the thin coconut milk, Japanese melon, carrots, long beans, beancurd, long brinjal, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, pre-fried paste 1, raw paste 2, and lemongrass.
- Cook about 12-15 minutes until the vegetables are ¾ done, before adding the prefried tempe, soya bean sheets and glass noodles. Immediately, add in TUMIX® Chicken Stock Seasoning and salt to taste.
- Continue cooking till the vegetables are done. Bring in the thick coconut milk and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Remove from the fire when the coconut milk just begins to boil.
- Serve hot with white rice.