An authentic fried mushroom flavoured with minced garlic, seedless tamarind paste, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Fall in love completely in this savoury dish as AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper, SERI-AJI® Masak Merah Seasoning, AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt, and AJI-NO-MOTO® make a perfect mixture of fine taste.
|250 g||Fresh oyster mushroom, wash and cut each into 4 pieces.|
|250 g||Boiled chick peas|
|12 – 15 nos||Bird’s eye chili – chopped|
|1||Large onion, finely chopped|
|5 pips||Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||Coriander powder|
|3 tsp||Seedless tamarind paste mixed with 9 tbsp water|
|1 tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
|3 tsp||Homemade five spice powder|
|3 tsp||SERI-AJI® Masak Merah Seasoning|
|2 tsp||Dry fenugreek leaves|
|Pinch of||Asafetida powder|
|1 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|3 tsp||Cumin seeds – crushed|
|3 – 4 sprigs||Curry leaves|
|3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|Some||Cilantro leaves for garnishing|
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, bird’s eye chilies, pinch of asafetida and curry leaves. Tamper these ingredients.
- Add chopped onions. Sauté till onion becomes soft and slightly changing color. Add minced garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Bring in turmeric powder, SERI-AJI® Masak Merah Seasoning, coriander powder and salt to taste. Continue to sauté till oil begins to separate.
- Add mushrooms and chick-pea and stir well. Cover the pan and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add a little water, followed by the tamarind juice. Cook it open till it becomes dry in a moderate fire.
- Finally add five-spice powder, AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO® and dry fenugreek leaves. Let it simmer on low heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Dish it out and garnish with cilantro.